Sunday, February 24, 2008

Being A Guy

Arts_Girl: So Rosa, please tell... is it hard being a guy?

Rosa: ... Do you mean was it hard to be a guy... cuz I'm a girl now...

Arts_Girl: Ah. Yes, you know, that's what I meant...

Rosa: Well, let's see... you stank a lot more but I'm naturally a tomboy so it wasn't that hard.

Arts_Girl: ... Yeah, well, this interview has to be longer than that plus I didn't prepare any more questions (I woke up like a half an hour ago.)

Rosa: Hrm... well, I guess it was hard not to comment on a lot of the shoes they wore. I mean, come on! Buckles! What was that? The 1600s? Oh, yeah...

Arts_Girl: Yes, well, things were definitely last season back then.

Rosa: You can say that again. And what about the white hair? I mean, what a relief most of the guys on board the Kalmar Nyckel weren't rich enough to buy them! I mean what're you trying to say with a powdered wig? That you're old? You spilled confectioner sugar all over yourself that morning? It was gross.

Arts_Girl: Would you have given up your identity if someone had made you wear one of those wigs?

Rosa: DUH! I mean, wouldn't you?

Arts_Girl: I don't know, I've never been in one of those situations. But I don't know... wouldn't that put you in a bad position? Wasn't that like against the law or something?

Rosa: I dunno... probably. Yeah, well, living in a more liberal time period has definitely taken a toll on me. I don't know what I'd do if I had to live in a sexist, medieval world again.

Arts_Girl: I bet. So, what're you off to do now?

Rosa: Um... I don't really know. I guess I'm probably going off to some random time period to try (and most likely fail) to recapture Randy. You know? I'd really like to capture Randy in Paris. In the 1940s. That would be really cool.

Arts_Girl: Wow... jealousy... anyway, that's all the time we have for today! Thanks for coming on, Rosa!

Rosa: Thank you Arts_Girl!

No comments: